Fire Safety Regulations (The Regulatory Reform Order 2005) obliges employers as a legal responsibility to make sure their employees are given the basic fire safety awareness training among other important necessary preparations required to be able to ensure fire safety.
Fire safety shouldnâ€™t be disregarded, fire incidents can lead into incalculable damages easily if underestimated, it could easily do significant damage and harm towards people who are within the vicinity of the incident.
Employers should understand the danger of fire incidents and the importance of fire safety; employees arenâ€™t the only one who needs to understand them. The employers themselves as well must understand why itâ€™s important to have this fire safety training not just because itâ€™s obligated by the law.
Some of the things you need to understand about fire safety that should be covered by fire safety training are:
- Learning about the legislation and legal requirement related to fire safety. Or what are the standards of fire safety you have to apply according to the law.
- The causes of fire and different types of fire. To understand where the fire came from or what are its common catalysts.
- Ways to put out fire and different types of fire extinguisher. Learn the proper ways on how to deal with fires from different kinds of sources.
- Learn how to make the workplace environment less prone from fire as possible. Or fire-prevention.
Also some of the more advanced fire safety training should cover such as:
- Planning and organizing for means of escape during fire incidents for the workplace.
- Staff fire safety training
- Risk assessment
Like in many things without knowledge and understanding itâ€™s difficult to weigh the risks that you are about to partake. Thatâ€™s why fire safety awareness is crucial for workplaces. As understanding something that you may think is so simple will help a lot. After all itâ€™s much better to prevent bad things from happening that to handle it bad things from happening.